We want to welcome all those chat room buddies that have hit our web site this week.
I thought I should try to answer some of the questions raised.
1. Our product has been out for exactly one year now. It is not available in any retail store at this time. If you would like to have a store carry the product, please go into the store and ask about it. In the mean time, we will be glad to service you on our web site.
2. Our product is unique. It extends from approximately 4 feet to 11 feet. It is made for boats from 20 feet to 65 feet. It will handle a 3/8 to 3/4 inch docking line. We have one captain on a 75 foot yacht using our Landing Loop when he goes out single handling. Our Landing Loop is being used by many sail boats, power boats, pontoon boats, and house boats. See one of my earlier Blogs for the various specs of the Landing Loop.
3. We know that many of you have been boating for many years and are very skilled captains. I sat on the pier at our marina on the Fourth of July and saw 4 incidents where the Landing Loop could have avoided troubled situations for these seasoned captains. Our marina has 15 piers with about 100 boats each and this is only one day of watching. It is only one marina in the entire world. Can you imagine what is going on elsewhere. The Landing Loop will eliminate the need to jump off a boat. It will minimize injuries, avoid damage to boats, and save marriages. We said, there must be a better way to dock a boat. We developed it to promote safety in boating. The Landing Loop will help us dock our boats even if we are less than perfect. If the current is strong, or if the wind is blowing, as it usually does, the Landing Loop is wonderful..
I have been boating for 20 years. I never had to take a licence course to test my skills. I learned from trial and error. The Landing Loop works for me. The boating community seems to agree. It has helped me in those tough situations. I do not need it if there are mates on the pier to help. However, many times it would be better docking without the help from the pier.
4. The cost of the Landing Loop is $69.95 plus shipping. When you think of the cost of an emergency room visit, or to repair a ding in your gel coat, or the cost of damage to another boat, the Landing Loop is an inexpensive insurance policy. Better yet, imagine the cost of a marriage counselor. Try a Landing Loop. We will gladly accept returns up to 10 days with prior approval. We have not had one come back yet.
5. Durability was questioned. The Landing Loop frame is made from heavier than normal steel piping that has been coated to resist salt and sun. The pole is heavier than normal aluminum to assure durability when extended. The two molded tips are specially designed so the line quickly disengages from the frame. There is no Velcro used because it tends to grab onto some types of docking lines. If used properly, the line stays on the tips until you want it to release.
6. We provide you with a step by step instructional DVD. You can print out our “detailed instructions” page from the web site. It will give you something to train your mates on board. We ask that you watch the DVD and practice using the Landing Loop 4-6 times before you try docking with it. Train your mates. It’s worth the time. It is very simple to use, but we want you to be comfortable with it before you dock with it. My 11 year niece was able to use it with 5 minutes of training.
I hope I have answered some of your questions. If there is anything else I can do, please e-mail at email@example.com. I will be more than happy to explain.
Thanks again for your interest in our product. Keep watching our web site. We are developing four new boating gadgets. We hope to have two of them out this year.
Gadgets Unlimited, Inc/Landing Loop